Pages

Monday, October 10, 2011

Ve Parser, A combinatory parser for .Net

A couple of years ago I tried to write a simple parser and I wanted to do it in the simplest way, I did not wanted to create a high performance compiler supporting lots of features, so instead of learning some already ready parser libraries I followed the recursive descent parsers technique and wrote the parser I wanted, then after doing some refactoring I end up with something that was different from a recursive descent parser. I searched through the net and I found out that the thing I made is called combinatory parser. Actually what I did was a simple library for creating combinatory parsers in .Net environment.

Last week I needed the parser for a current project, and then I brought back the source codes from my archive. I thought this would be a good idea to make it a public available(aka open source) library, so it would become more alive. I named the library Ve Parser and published the codes in codeplex: you can go and visit it in http://veparser.codeplex.com/.




No comments:

Post a Comment